2. When I was a toddler, I would chase after rolly pollies and eat them. My mom couldn't catch me.
3. One day she said I ate a huge red & black beetle without chewing it. The doctor told my mom it would pass. It did.
4. My parents divorced when I was four and my sister was eight.
5. We moved to Memphis, TN, and I lived there until a couple of years ago.
6. I have very few memories of growing up. My mom on the otherhand, remembers everything, and I like to get her to tell me stories sometimes.
7. I ran away when I was in the first grade. I went to my best friend's house, and I ended up getting my ass whipped.
8. I was popular up until the fourth grade, but then my mom remarried and I had to switch schools.
9. I wasn't popular again until my senior year in high school.
10. I had two stepsisters and one stepbrother. I was the youngest of five by at least four years.
11. My stepsister had a horse, but my mother never allowed me to even sit on it, let alone ride it.
12. I've worn contacts since I was eleven years old.
13. I tried gymnastics when I was in the sixth grade, but that didn't work out too well.
14. In the seventh grade I was a cheerleader for an athletic association football team. We were the called the Gorillas.
15. I asked for braces when I was in junior high, but the dentist said I didn't need them. When I hit high school, he decided I needed them. Bastard.
16. I broke my nose jumping on my bed. I had to have surgery, and then had to walk around school for a week with a beak over my nose. (Yes, I *was* in high school. Shut up.)
17. I grew up in a Southern Baptist church, and went to church every Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday night until my junior year in high school.
18. Now I hardly go at all.
19. I used to sing in the church choir and perform solos in musicals, but now I just sing along to the radio. A lot.
20. I went with my youth group to Florida one summer and split my head open on a water slide. I got 25 stitches.
21. The only surprise party I ever had was for my sixteenth birthday. I was genuinely surprised, and it was one of the best nights of my life.
22. My first job was as a waitress at Pizza Inn.
23. I broke my hand when I was a senior in high school by running over it with my own sled. We were being pulled behind a truck down an icy street.
24. My mom had made me promise not to sled before she would even allow me to go. I lied and said I wouldn't.
25. I was a smart kid in high school, but I got kept out of the National Honor Society because I wrote a bad note about my algebra teacher. I accidentally left the note in my algebra notebook.
26. My mother went to the school to demand I be let in. Didn't help. I blocked that memory out until my sister recently reminded me of it.
27. I had my first drink during my graduation trip to Florida. It was a wine cooler.
28. I went to college in Memphis, because my mother wouldn't pay for me to leave home.
29. I did get to stay in the dorm.
30. I kept a contraband hamster in my dorm room named Willy.
31. At various times I snuck several stray dogs and cats in there until I could find homes for them. (Most of them were "rescued" from fraternity houses.)
32. I was in a sorority, but if I had to do it over again I wouldn't. I only kept one best friend from the experience, and now she doesn't speak to me because of a misunderstanding.
33. I got my first apartment after I graduated college.
34. I had roommates when I lived in Memphis, but now I live by myself. I definately like it better.
35. I have two cats and one dog. My mom is temporarily keeping my dog until I get a house with a backyard. She's had him since '96.
36. I got to hold my grandfather's hand when he died.
37. I still hear his laughter in my head. He giggled like Scooby Doo.
38. I have a lead foot. I've had two tickets for "aggravated speeding", which means 25+ over the speed limit.
39. I am geographically challenged. I have a difficult time labeling a blank US map. Naming the capitols? Forget it.
40. I've suffered from chronic headaches since I was 20.
41. One doctor got me addicted to oxycontin, and it took me almost six months to get through it. It was very frightening and very humbling.
42. I was a virgin until I was 28 years old.
43. I wanted to wait until I was married, but "gave it up" to a guy that swept me off my feet.
44. I think it was a little too much pressure for him, and we broke up two weeks later.
45. I'm still glad I waited, but I regret that it was with him.
46. I've been with nine people in the four years since then, but only one was for more than a few times. That "relationship" lasted a whopping three months.
47. My second toe is longer than my big toe. I'm told it means I'm a "dominant" person, but I could argue that point.
48. My favorite color is purple, and my favorite flower is a tulip.
49. I have the Japanese symbol for "courage" tattooed on my lower back. Yes, I was drunk.
50. If I was stranded alone on a desert island, I would be fine as long as I had cable.
51. I hate confrontation.
52. Last year I was told that I have three regurgitating heart valves. They said not to worry, but that I should take antibiotics before having any dental work done because I could develop a blood infection and die.
53. I'm now afraid to get my teeth cleaned.
54. I'm a very picky eater.
55. I love laying out at a pool or beach. I could do it every day. I get very tan in the summer, but right now I'm whiter than a baby's ass.
56. I think I look my best in the summer, when I have some color and my hair is lighter from the sun.
57. I am 5'8", but my mom, sister and father are all 5'3". I got my height from my grandfather.
58. I try too hard to please everyone.
59. I'm a camera hog. I love having my picture taken with all of my friends, but I have the same smile in every single one.
60. I still don't know if I want to have children. I always just assumed that I would, but I think that I am way too selfish.
61. I am also afraid of becoming a single parent.
62. I'm a huge flirt, but have never had a long-term boyfriend.
63. I think sailboats are beautiful.
64. I've been taken to the hospital via ambulance on three separate occasions. Two for car accidents, and one because I was knocked out cold at a bar by some drunk asshole.
65. In one car accident we were hit head-on my a drunk driver. I hit my head so hard that I went blind for hours. I was out of school for three weeks.
66. In the second accident the driver hit a telephone pole directly on my side of the car. I had seven rib fractures forming the line of a seatbelt down my torso.
67. I don't take criticism very well.
68. I worry way too much about what everyone else thinks.
69. I'm a sucker for strays.
70. If I was independantly wealthy, I would have acres of land completely dedicated to abused animals.
71. I wanted to be a veterinarian, but was too lazy to devote the time to school.
72. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip from Baskin Robbins.
73. I love going to restaurants and asking if they have sweet tea, just to hear how many people will say, "No, but we have sugar".
74. I'm addicted to television.
75. My sister and my father were both hit by trains, on different occasions. Both cars were totalled, but neither person was hurt.
76. I love being kissed on the back of my neck.
77. When it comes to emotions, I'm extremely perceptive.
78. When it comes to common sense, I'm extremely gullible.
79. My ancestors are Irish, Scottish, and Welsh.
80. When I was about twelve, my stepfather told me that my last name (my real father's) was Polish. I actually believed that until about three years ago.
81. I'm a Virgo.
82. I don't have a creative bone in my body.
83. No one has ever beaten me in a burping contest.
84. I love red wine. I used to not be able to tell the difference, but now I definately prefer a Bordeaux.
85. When I go to a bar, I usually drink Amstel Light.
86. I have a phobia of sitting in a bath tub. I can only take a shower standing up.
87. I cry when I watch "Emergency Vets" on Animal Planet.
88. I have small boobies.
89. I currently live in New Jersey, and I rent a one-bedroom cottage from the family who lives next to me.
90. I drive an SUV.
91. I have dozens of candles sitting around my house.
92. My mother is obsessed that something is going to happen to me.
93. I've never been able to tell her I love her, but I don't know what I would do without her.
94. I wish I had a relationship with my real father, but things have deteriorated too far.
95. My sister is probably my best friend. (I don't have any contact with my steps.)
96. My stepfather has left my mother twice, but both times he ended up coming back. He has made her permanently fear leaving the house, even though he is now too old to bother with leaving her again.
97. My nephews and niece think I hung the moon.
98. I laugh at highly inappropriate times.
99. I am a Christian, but I have a lot of questions about my Faith.
100. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.
101. I can now join Erika's 25/50/100 ring!
Probably a little more than you wanted to know, but it was actually pretty fun remembering all this stuff.
Do me a favor and sign my new guestmap while you're here.